Hello! You, yes you.
Hi, let me start by introducing myself. I'm the editor and owner of the TheBetLounge. My goal is to make sure people who use my site are safe and responsible when it comes to the way we use online gambling in our adult lives.
Yes, I am an affiliate to all the online gambling sites I promote and yes I do make a source of revenue from the sites I advertise and promote. My aim is to promote only the best and most legitimate sites who provide the correct and most up to date tools to combat problem gambling.
For most people, gambling is fun and a form of entertainment. Like a trip to see a film at your local cinema or a meal at your favourite restaurant. However, for a minority of people it can be a severe addiction that can spiral out of control at a fast rate. Gambling should be fun and not taken seriously. Gambling should not be treated as a way of trying too earn extra income, if this is the case you more than likely have a gambling addiction and should seek help immediately.
Below are some great pointers towards keeping yourself safe and secure when it comes to gambling. There are also links to great gambling charities and Gamban software which will exclude you from everything gambling online
Tips for keeping it fun and safe
- Only deposit what you can afford.
- Use the deposit limits available for daily, weekly and monthly use.
- Use stake limits for daily, weekly and monthly use.
- Don't gamble under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Never use money that you need for important things like rent, bills or food
- Don't chase losses
- Don't sign up with any online gambling site that does not offer responsible gambling tools.
- Family and friends come before gambling.
IF IT'S BECOMING A PROBLEM
- Request a timeout.
- Request self exclusion.
- Use Gamban Software.
- Talk to family and friends.
- Contact Gamcare.
- If you need to stay away from gambling. Find a new hobby.